Save the Date!
Call for Abstracts - Due September 6, 2013
Downloadable PDF • Word .doc
Check back with us for additional conference information as it becomes available.
2013 APOSW’s 37th Annual Conference
Seasons of Discovery: Celebrating the Nature of Collaboration
in Pediatric Oncology Social Work
May 15-17, 2013
Hilton Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN
NEW - 2013 Conference Handouts are now open to APOSW Members.
- To participate in an environment of peer networking and collaboration.
- To advance skills and empirical knowledge about the impact of cancer and the application of clinical social work interventions with children, adolescents, young adults and families in pediatric oncology.
- To enhance understanding of evidence-based practices and evaluation methods to inform clinical practice in the psychosocial oncology sphere.
- To enhance knowledge and understanding of diverse cultures, applying social work interventions/techniques to improve communication and relationships toward quality care.
- To describe strategies to promote work life balance in a profession that includes repeated exposure to loss and vicarious trauma.
- To broaden knowledge and develop strategies to address the survivorship needs of children, adolescents and young adults and families affected by the childhood cancer experience.
- To identify and discuss ethical issues in pediatric psychosocial oncology care.
- To learn and incorporate innovative policies, program development, supervision, mentoring opportunities that enhance quality psychosocial care.
2013 Conference Brochure
Download the brochure (PDF)
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886400741-1655) for up to 21 Social Work
continuing education contact hours.
PLEASE NOTE: 1C - Implementing A Comprehensive, Cognitive Behavioral/Family Systems Intervention for Newly Diagnosed has been withdrawn at the presenter's request.
Online Conference Agenda and Handouts
Tuesday May 14 - Wednesday, May 15 - Thursday, May 16 - Friday, May 17
NOTE: While the AGENDA is open for viewing by the public, HANDOUTS ARE FOR ATTENDEES ONLY. UserID and password are required. If you are an attendee, and do not yet have your UserID and password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
2013 Exhibitor Prospectus
Download the Exhibitor Prospectus for Exhibitor and Sponsorship Opportunities! (PDF)
Proposal to Host APOSW Conference - Spring 2015
Download application here (Word .doc)
We would like to express a special thank you to our 2013
__Platinum Level_______________________ Silver Level
2012 APOSW’s 36th Annual Conference
Promoting Pediatric Oncology Social Work
in the Changing Healthcare Environment
May 16-18, 2012
Embassy Suites Portland – Downtown
Download the Conference Brochure