Save the Date!
2014 Conference Brochure and Registration
Download the brochure and PDF registration form here
Online conference registration is now open! (credit cards only)
2014 Exhibitor Prospectus
Download the Exhibitor Prospectus for Exhibitor and Sponsorship Opportunities! (PDF)
Houston Tyler Rothschild Scholarship Application
Submission is now closed. More info on the Houston Tyler Rothschild Scholarship.
Philadelphia Downtown Courtyard
21 N. Juniper Street at City Hall
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Phone: (215) 496 3200
Guest Fax: (215) 496 3606
1 (877) 212-5752, please reference Association of Pediatric Oncology Social Workers Conference and the code PEDS for the special conference rates.
Conference Hotel Rate:
A block of rooms have been reserved for April 22, 2014 - April 25, 2014. These special room rates will be available April 19, 2014 through April 28, 2014 (3 days before and 3 days after the reserved block of rooms).
2 Double Beds rates from $ 172.00 USD/nightly
1 King Bed from $ 172.00 USD/nightly
Additional Room Tax:
The occupancy tax is 15.2%
Guests may call 800.321.2211 and reference the PEDS-APSOW Overflow Room Block at the Courtyard Philadelphia South at The Navy Yard by Marriott to make their reservations at the group rate. They may also book directly online by the link below:
Book your group rate: PEDS-APSOW Overflow Room Block >>
Abstract Submission is now closed.
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886400741-2450) for 21 Social Work continuing education contact hours.
2013 APOSW’s 37th Annual Conference
Seasons of Discovery: Celebrating the Nature of Collaboration
in Pediatric Oncology Social Work
May 15-17, 2013
Hilton Minneapolis, Minneapolis, MN
2013 Conference Handouts are open to APOSW Members.
• To participate in an environment of peer networking and collaboration.
• To advance skills and empirical knowledge about the impact of cancer and the application of clinical social work interventions with children, adolescents, young adults and families in pediatric oncology.
• To enhance understanding of evidence-based practices and evaluation methods to inform clinical practice in the psychosocial oncology sphere.
• To enhance knowledge and understanding of diverse cultures, applying social work interventions/techniques to improve communication and relationships toward quality care.
• To describe strategies to promote work life balance in a profession that includes repeated exposure to loss and vicarious trauma.
• To broaden knowledge and develop strategies to address the survivorship needs of children, adolescents and young adults and families affected by the childhood cancer experience.
• To identify and discuss ethical issues in pediatric psychosocial oncology care.
• To learn and incorporate innovative policies, program development, supervision, mentoring opportunities that enhance quality psychosocial care.
2013 Conference Brochure
Download the brochure (PDF)
This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval #886400741-1655) for up to 21 Social Work
continuing education contact hours.
PLEASE NOTE: 1C - Implementing A Comprehensive, Cognitive Behavioral/Family Systems Intervention for Newly Diagnosed has been withdrawn at the presenter's request.
Online Conference Agenda and Handouts
Tuesday May 14 - Wednesday, May 15 - Thursday, May 16 - Friday, May 17
NOTE: While the AGENDA is open for viewing by the public, HANDOUTS ARE FOR ATTENDEES ONLY. UserID and password are required. If you are an attendee, and do not yet have your UserID and password, please email email@example.com for assistance.
Proposal to Host APOSW Conference - Spring 2015
Download application here (Word .doc)
2013 Conference Sponsors